|More Info. & Photo's For|
John Andrew Cheesman & Mary Elizabeth Frazell
John & Lizzy Cheesman
John Andrew Cheesman
b. Jan. 29 1852 in Bond County Ill. Married April 10th abt. 1873, Mary Elizabeth Frazell b. 1854 in Franklin County, OH. They had 6 children: (1)Tom (2)Ettie (3)Ida (4)Charlie (5)Delbert (6)Delcie
John is the son of William Cheesman & Susan Elam (Cheesman)
Susan Elam (Cheesman) is the daughter of Daniel Branch Elam & Mary Nancy Ann Graves (Elam)
Descendants of John Andrew Cheesman
Generation No. 1
1. John Andrew2 Cheesman (William1 Cheeseman) was born January 29, 1852 in Mulberry Grove, Bond County, ILL., and died June 24, 1942 in Creek County, Kelleyville, Oklahoma. He married Mary Elizabeth Frazell April 10, 1873 in Franklin County, OH, daughter of Joe Frazell. She was born June 28, 1853 in Franklin County, Ohio, and died March 06, 1943 in Creek County, Kelleyville, Oklahoma.
Notes for John Andrew Cheesman:
Indian Pioneer History Project for Oklahoma
Date: April 7, 1937
Name: John Andrew Cheesman
Residence Address: Kelleyville
Date of Birth: Jan. 29, 1852
Place of Birth: Bond County ILL.
Wife: Mary Elizabeth Frazell
Place of birth: Franklin Co. OH.
Information on wife: Born 1854
Father: William Cheesman
Place of Birth: Ohio
Information on father: Born abt 1817
Mother: Susan Elam
Place of birth: ILL
Information on mother: Born 1831 in Bond or Fayette County ILL.
Field Worker: Davis M. Kife
J. A. Cheesman, pioneer farmer, lives 1/2 mile northeast of Kelleyville. Mr. Cheesman is 85 years of age. He was born in Illinois. He came from Missouri to Oklahoma, in 1892 and settled 6 miles east of Supulpa. A year later he moved 1 mile southwest of Kelleyville on Alfred McKellop's place.
In 1895 Mr. Cheesman moved to where Kelleyville is now located, there was only one store, and it was located 1 mile south of Kelleyville and was owned by James Kelley.
When the Frisco R. R. line was extended from Sapulpa to Oklahoma City, Mr. Kelley moved his store to the present location of kelleyville. Mr. Cheesman and his son helped make the ties for the railroad.
He knew Jack Tiger, who was born as Tiger Jack, who kept a livery stable for the mail carriers horses.
The only two ranches at Kelleyville then were the Alfred McKellop Ranch south of Kelleyville and the J. Purcell Ranch located in the Deep Fork bottoms.
He knew the old times around Sapulpa and vicinity. Mr. Cheesman will be married 64 years the 10th of April. His wife is 84 years of age.
They have two interesting pieces of furniture they brought with them from Missouri in a covered wagon. One is a drop leaf table that is 64 years old and another is an old stove 46 years old. They are still using these two articles of furniture.
Mr. Cheesman has three boys, one being 68 years of age and still living with his parents.
Turkey and deer were plentiful when he came to Oklahoma.
Marriage record Source: Mike Hirrlinger
More About John Andrew Cheesman:
Burial: Sunrise Cemetery
More About Mary Elizabeth Frazell:
Burial: Sunrise Cemetery
Children of John Cheesman and Mary Frazell are:
2 i. Thomas J.3 Cheesman, born January 27, 1874 in Mo.; died September 1941 in Kellyville Ok., Creek County.
More About Thomas J. Cheesman:
Burial: Sunrise Cemetery
+ 3 ii. Ettie Cheesman, born 1875 in Mo..
+ 4 iii. Ida Bell Cheesman, born December 19, 1879 in Hunting Dale, Henry County Mo.; died December 08, 1965 in Kelleyville, Ok.
+ 5 iv. Charlie R. Cheesman, born August 12, 1883 in Clinton, Boone Mo.; died 1961 in Kelleyville, Oklahoma.
+ 6 v. Delbert Ray Cheesman, born November 20, 1888 in Henry County, Mo.; died December 10, 1973 in Cushing, Oklahoma.
7 vi. Delcie Myrtle Cheesman, born 1897 in Mo.; died September 12, 1943 in Kelleyville, Ok. She married Kiefer; born Unknown; died Unknown.
More About Delcie Myrtle Cheesman:
Burial: Sunrise Cemetery
Generation No. 2
3. Ettie3 Cheesman (John Andrew2, William1 Cheeseman) was born 1875 in Mo.. She married Wilkenson.
Children of Ettie Cheesman and Wilkenson are:
8 i. Brian4 Wilkenson.
9 ii. Guy Wilkenson.
4. Ida Bell3 Cheesman (John Andrew2, William1 Cheeseman) was born December 19, 1879 in Hunting Dale, Henry County Mo., and died December 08, 1965 in Kelleyville, Ok. She married Aba Thomas December 19, 1900. He was born February 06, 1876 in Maddison Mo., and died December 10, 1963.
Children of Ida Cheesman and Aba Thomas are:
10 i. Jewell4 Thomas, born 1901 in Kelleyville, Ok; died Unknown in Kelleyville, Ok.
More About Jewell Thomas:
Burial: Sunrise Cem.
11 ii. Ernest Ray Thomas, born 1902 in Kelleyville, Ok; died May 1973 in Dumas Texas. He married Doris Perkins 1927; born Unknown; died Unknown.
12 iii. Ervin Enice Thomas, born December 28, 1904 in Kelleyville, Ok; died Unknown. He married Dessie Vinyard January 20, 1939; born Unknown; died Unknown.
5. Charlie R.3 Cheesman (John Andrew2, William1 Cheeseman) was born August 12, 1883 in Clinton, Boone Mo., and died 1961 in Kelleyville, Oklahoma. He married (1) Sissy Farley, daughter of Jack Farley and Rachel Rall. She was born Unknown, and died Unknown. He married (2) Onea P. Townsend February 12, 1912 in Kelleyville Oklahoma, daughter of John Townsend and Vista Barnes. She was born December 07, 1895 in Gadsden Etowah, Alabama, and died June 27, 1949 in Kelleyville, Oklahoma.
Children of Charlie Cheesman and Sissy Farley are:
13 i. Elcie4 Cheesman, born February 09, 1908; died September 10, 1910.
14 ii. Lillie Mae Cheesman, born February 14, 1910 in Kelleyville, Ok; died 2001. She married Clyden Lyons February 14, 1949 in Tahlequah Oklahoma; born Unknown; died Unknown.
Children of Charlie Cheesman and Onea Townsend are:
15 i. Delbert Ruben4 Cheesman, born August 17, 1912 in Kelleyville Oklahoma; died January 1975. He married Wilma Cheesman; born Unknown; died Unknown.
More About Delbert Ruben Cheesman:
Burial: Salt Lake City Utah
+ 16 ii. Harold Donald Cheesman, born October 31, 1921 in Kelleyville Oklahoma; died August 15, 1967 in Sapulpa Ok.
17 iii. Evadna Ruth Cheesman, born July 20, 1925 in Kelleyville Oklahoma; died April 23, 1994 in Joshua Tree CA.. She married Frederick Ouandal August 23, 1945 in Tulsa Oklahoma; born Unknown; died Unknown.
More About Evadna Ruth Cheesman:
Burial: April 27, 1994, Wenden Arkansas
18 iv. Douglas Charles Cheesman, born February 09, 1924 in Kelleyville Oklahoma; died Unknown. He married Gloria E. Rieper June 12, 1976 in Chehallis WA.; born Unknown; died Unknown.
19 v. Mary Jo Cheesman, born August 07, 1931 in Kelleyville Oklahoma; died Unknown.
6. Delbert Ray3 Cheesman (John Andrew2, William1 Cheeseman) was born November 20, 1888 in Henry County, Mo., and died December 10, 1973 in Cushing, Oklahoma. He married Rachel Elvara Glenn February 11, 1909 in Creek County, Oklahoma, daughter of John Glenn and Mellisa Edwards. She was born October 22, 1887 in Owsley Clay County, Ky, and died April 15, 1959 in Cushing, Oklahoma.
Notes for Delbert Ray Cheesman:
Note- Was called upon from doctors to stop bleeding. A story told by family members that if a person was bleeding Delbert would says words over them and the bleeding would stop.
More About Delbert Ray Cheesman:
Burial: Fairlawn Cenetery, Cushing, Oklahoma
More About Rachel Elvara Glenn:
Burial: April 17, 1959, Fairlawn Cemetery, Cushing, Oklahoma
Children of Delbert Cheesman and Rachel Glenn are:
+ 20 i. Opal Paris4 Cheesman, born February 14, 1912 in ,Kellyville Oklahoma; died March 20, 2001 in Cushing, Ok.
21 ii. Ines Marie Cheesman, born January 28, 1914 in Kelleyville Oklahoma; died August 21, 1983 in Paradise. She married Seth Sandin June 18, 1924.
+ 22 iii. Clarance Woodrow Cheesman, born November 26, 1917 in Kellyville Oklahoma; died March 15, 1980 in Oklahoma.
23 iv. Jere D. Cheesman, born 1918 in Kelleyvillle Oklahoma; died 1918 in Kelleyvillle Oklahoma.
24 v. Cynthia D. Cheesman, born 1923; died Unknown.
Generation No. 3
16. Harold Donald4 Cheesman (Charlie R.3, John Andrew2, William1 Cheeseman) was born October 31, 1921 in Kelleyville Oklahoma, and died August 15, 1967 in Sapulpa Ok. He married Sylvia Frye. She was born December 25, 1919, and died January 15, 1980 in Beggs Ok.
More About Harold Donald Cheesman:
Burial: Kelleyville Oklahoma
Children of Harold Cheesman and Sylvia Frye are:
25 i. James Leon5 Cheesman, born August 12, 1946 in Bristow Oklahoma. He married Kathleen Willingham September 22, 1967 in Sapulpa Oklahoma; born Unknown.
26 ii. Donald Ray Cheesman, born November 01, 1948; died December 11, 1966 in Kelleyville, Ok.
20. Opal Paris4 Cheesman (Delbert Ray3, John Andrew2, William1 Cheeseman) was born February 14, 1912 in ,Kellyville Oklahoma, and died March 20, 2001 in Cushing, Ok. She married Charles Lee Burke May 13, 1932 in Cushing Oklahoma, Payne County, son of Stephen Burke and Alwilda Webb. He was born April 09, 1911 in Perry, Oklahoma, and died December 01, 1996 in Cushing, Oklahoma.
More About Opal Paris Cheesman:
Burial: Fairlawn Cemetery, Cushing, Oklahoma
More About Charles Lee Burke:
Burial: Fairlawn Cenetery, Cushing Oklahoma
Children of Opal Cheesman and Charles Burke are:
+ 27 i. Charles Leon5 Burke, born September 25, 1935 in Cushing Oklahoma.
+ 28 ii. Deloris Jeanne Burke, born March 16, 1933.
22. Clarance Woodrow4 Cheesman (Delbert Ray3, John Andrew2, William1 Cheeseman) was born November 26, 1917 in Kellyville Oklahoma, and died March 15, 1980 in Oklahoma. He married Eva May Day October 30, 1937 in Oklahoma.
Children of Clarance Cheesman and Eva Day are:
29 i. David Richard5 Cheesman, born June 15, 1939; died June 16, 1939.
+ 30 ii. Joyce Ann Cheesman, born May 19, 1941.
+ 31 iii. Janet Sue Cheesman, born May 19, 1941.
+ 32 iv. Sandra Lee Cheesman, born August 03, 1948.
+ 33 v. Cathy Lynn Cheesman, born May 10, 1953.