|More Info. & Photo's For|
William Fredrick Webb
William Fredrick Webb b. Sept. 8th 1842 in St. James, District of Clerkenwell, London England. Married Olive Baker (Webb) February 13, 1873 Howard County Kansas. William & Olive had children in Kansas but when the land run opened up in Oklahoma for free land they took there family and moved to Oklahoma and settled near Glencoe, in Payne County. On the 1890 census for Oklahoma Terr. It list the entire family. It stated that they had been in Oklahoma for 2 mos. On the 1900 census it shows Olive in Glencoe with the two youngest children. Also the 1900 census shows William F. Webb living in Noble County Oklahoma with there son George. William Immigrated to the US in 1863 and was naturalized in 1864. The 1910 census shows, William later married Cynthia Strenen (the spelling may be differant, it was hard to make out) b. abt 1864 in Tn. They married 1908 in Noble County they also lived in Noble County Ok.
William is the son of William Smith Webb & Maria Elvey. William Smith Webb was baptized on December 1, 1812 at Westminster, St. James of the Fields, A district of London. His father was Thomas Webb and his mother was Louisa?.
Maria Elvey was baptized on June 13, 1813 at Stephney, St. Dunston, also a district of London. Her father was Charles Elvey and her mother was Elizabeth (surname unknown in my records).
Of course, it was customary in England at this time to baptize the children at a very young age, usually within a few weeks or days of birth.
In the Census Record for 1841, William Smith Webb and his wife Maria, both age 28, were shown still residing at 8 Northampton Building, St. James, Clerkenwell, where William Frederick Webb was born. They were shown as having 3 children:
Louisa age 4
Thomas age 2
William Frederick b. Sept 8 (less than 1 yr old)
William and Maria Webb and their children are not to be found in the 1851 census for St. James, Clerkenwell. According to the information in our family, William Frederick Webb did not run away from home and become a sailor until he was 12 years old, that would be in 1852 or 1853. Trying to find the family in the census records for 1851 in some other district of London.
David Arthur Webb, told his children that before William Frederick Webb immigrated to America he went back to London to find his family. After searching for them unsuccessfully he moved to America. In the U.S. Census records of the late 1800's and early 1900's he reports that he landed in America in 1860.
Descendants of William Fredrick Webb
Generation No. 1
1. William Fredrick1 Webb was born September 08, 1842 in London, England, and died April 08, 1924 in Perry Ok., Noble County. He married (1) Cynthia. She was born Abt. 1864 in Tn. He married (2) Olive Baker February 13, 1873 in Howard County, Kansas, daughter of David Baker and Rebecca Abell. She was born April 1851 in Wyoming, Lee County, IL..
Notes for William Fredrick Webb:
William Webb was born September 8, 1842 in London, England. He died April 8, 1924 and was buried in Oklahoma. He supposedly stowed away from England when he was 12 years old. He was a bank janitor.
More About William Fredrick Webb:
Burial: Grace Hill Cemetery
Census: 1875, Elk County Kansas
Immigration: 1863, From England to Us
Notes for Olive Baker:
In the 1900 Census Glencoe Township, Payne County, OK says Olive was age 49 born in 1851 birthplace Illinois and states Father born in Maine and Mother born in Canada.
Children of William Webb and Olive Baker are:
Generation No. 2
2. George Frances2 Webb (William Fredrick1) was born February 24, 1874 in Howard Kansas, Elk County, and died April 25, 1935 in Noble County, Oklahoma. He married Jessie Ann Focht January 02, 1903 in Payne County ok, daughter of Adam Focht and Arthelia Fletcher. She was born August 09, 1882 in Gage County, NE, and died January 02, 1975 in Noble County, Oklahoma.
More About George Frances Webb:
Burial: Fairlawn Cemetery in Stillwater, Payne County, OK
Census: 1820, Payne County Ok
More About Jessie Ann Focht:
Burial: Fairlawn Cemetery in Stillwater, Payne County, OK
Children of George Webb and Jessie Focht are:
7. Alwilda2 Webb (William Fredrick1) was born November 04, 1882 in Moline Kansas, Elk County, and died September 21, 1971 in Cushing, Oklahoma. She married Stephen A. Burk May 05, 1901 in Payne County, Oklahoma, son of ? Burk and Ida Kennedy. He was born March 16, 1879 in Marion, County Mo., and died January 23, 1953 in Cushing, Oklahoma.
Notes for Alwilda Webb:
Went by the name Allie webb born Alwilda Webb born Nov. 12th 1882 Moline, KS. USA. She moved to Oklahoma in 1900 on the Oklahoma land rush. they settled in Glencoe Ok. near Stillwater, OK. Allie Died Sept. 12th, 1945 in Cushing Ok. Buried in Fairlawn Cemetery. Allie Married Stephen A. Burk. Know as Douglas S.A. Burke. They had 8 children:
Allie worked very hard and was a loving mother. She died of Cancer. It was said they when she died she didnt have one grey hair and not one line in her face when she passed.
More About Alwilda Webb:
Burial: ,Fairlawn Cemetery Cushing Oklahoma
Notes for Stephen A. Burk:
Changed his name to Douglas Burke
More About Stephen A. Burk:
Burial: Zion Cemetery, Cushing Ok.
Children of Alwilda Webb and Stephen Burk are:
Generation No. 3
17. Charles Lee3 Burke (Alwilda2 Webb, William Fredrick1) was born April 09, 1911 in Perry Oklahoma, and died December 01, 1996 in Cushing Oklahoma. He married Opal Paris Cheesman May 13, 1932 in Cushing Oklahoma Payne County, daughter of Delbert Cheesman and Rachel Glenn. She was born February 14, 1912 in Kellyville Oklahoma, and died March 20, 2001 in Cushing ok.
More About Charles Lee Burke:
Burial: Fairlawn Cenetery Cushing Oklahoma
More About Opal Paris Cheesman:
Burial: Fairlawn Cemetery
Children of Charles Burke and Opal Cheesman are:
18. Viola3 Burke (Alwilda2 Webb, William Fredrick1) was born January 15, 1902 in Clayton Township Oklahoma, and died July 26, 1972. She married Minor Warthen. He was born Unknown, and died Unknown.
Child of Viola Burke and Minor Warthen is:
22. Howard3 Burke (Alwilda2 Webb, William Fredrick1) was born June 21, 1913 in Rich Hill Mo, and died August 14, 1978 in Healdton, Oklahoma. He married Stella Burke, daughter of Henry Hamilton and Mary Unk. She was born May 04, 1916 in Arkansas, and died November 28, 1995 in Healdton, Oklahoma.
Child of Howard Burke and Stella Burke is:
23. Myrtle3 Burke (Alwilda2 Webb, William Fredrick1) was born December 26, 1915 in Cushing ok, and died March 06, 1984. She married Ferman Smith. He was born Unknown, and died Unknown.
Child of Myrtle Burke and Ferman Smith is:
24. Bobby3 Burke (Alwilda2 Webb, William Fredrick1) was born January 24, 1920 in Cushing ok, and died August 19, 1982. He married Ileene Pendegraff. She was born Unknown, and died Unknown.
Child of Bobby Burke and Ileene Pendegraff is: